This two-day workshop is hosted by the Seattle STD/HIV Prevention Training Center. It focuses on essential communication skills and examination techniques used with patients at risk for STDs.
Participants will learn to:
- Describe skills for effective patient/provider communication in order to complete a sexual history and risk assessment for STDs and related reproductive health problems.
- List equipment necessary to perform a routine STD examination.
- Describe basic reproductive anatomy and be able to perform an STD physical examination.
- Identify the sites from which specimens should be obtained and proper techniques in specimen collection.
- List the laboratory tests which are recommended for screening patients at risk for STDs.
This course costs $200 and is designed for clinicians new to caring for patients seeking STD-related care. Continuing Education is available.
For more information or to register, visit: http://seattlestdhivptc.org