National Urban Indian Health Conference
The Seattle Indian Health Board hosts the National Urban Indian Health Conference at the Silver Cloud Stadium Hotel in Seattle, Washington. This year's theme is "ACA Implementation: What's Next for Urban Indian Health?"
Attendees will gain information and skills training to support work within American Indian and Alaskan Native communities around healthcare issues. Topics will include:
- Patient Satisfaction
- Marketing to Indian Country - Strategies & Practices For Improvement
- Contracting With For-Profit Insurers
- Discussion on Medicaid Expansion and Non-Medicaid Expansion States
- The Changing Nature of Congress & Its Implications on the Future of Urban Indian Health
- Quality of Care
- Behavioral Health Integration
- Defining &Addressing the Social Determinants of Health
- Affordability Gap - How the Definition of Indian May Limit the Effectiveness of the ACA for Urban Indians
- Patient Centered Medical Home
For more information and to register, visit http://www.sihb.org/spiritwalk-2013/.