Do you use theatre techniques in your work with youth? This training, sponsored by the Peer Education Institute, will help you be more deliberate about using theatre to enhance learning and to bring education alive in the classroom. This interactive training will turn role-play into real-play. By the end of the training, partipants will be able to:
- Identify ways to incorporate dramatic techniques into existing peer education programs.
- Create powerful scenes that can be used in the classroom or on stage.
- Enhance scripts and scenes through rehersal techniques.
- Implement a training program.
- Solve problems through the application of diverse approaches to theatrical work.
- Realize theatre as participatory, transformative, and inclusive.
- Lead group games and energizers.
- Recognize the impact of group process within a peer education program.
- Develop coaching and mentoring skills.
- Educate through movement, voice, and writing.
The cost of the training, including meals and lodging, ranges from $700-900.
To register, please contact Sarah Sutherland at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-328-7727.
Peer Education Institute, Planned Parenthood of the Greater Northwest